Social Media Share

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Growth: by Tee Wofford


Hello everyone! My name is Tee Wofford and I live in Montrose, CO. I am a homeschooled senior  and plan on attending college at CAC in AZ to continue rodeoing. I grew up on a cattle ranch and have been roping for as long as I can remember. I qualified for the high school finals twice my sophomore year and junior year. I also compete in the USTRC, Colorado Pro Rodeo, as well as local rodeos and jackpots. God has blessed me with the opportunity to do what I love everyday. 

Along with roping I train rope horses and buy sell and trade quite a few. This winter I am living in Wittmann, AZ roping and riding horses I go to between 4 and 6 jackpots a week here and have been very successful so far.  Last year my rodeo career was one of my best, I was awarded the Colorado Pro Rodeo Rookie of the Year and wound up second in the state for high school rodeo. 

I plan to better myself this year by winning state in the team roping and also making it to the CPRA finals. The elite rodeo clinic has been such a great experience for me in and out of the arena. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to better themselves in their event, and as a person.



A Few Words from Rope:
Repetition is important in any sport and with the numbers you can run in the team roping event a person can get a lot of runs provided you have the horse power and the steers. However it isn’t only about numbers. There are many team ropers who have run plenty of steers to be a high number roper, but they are still not as skilled as the numbers they have run. Practice can bring about improvement, but continuing to do something incorrectly will only ingrain the bad habit. Someone once said, "They were given a million dollars’ worth of experience for half price, but it was still a bad deal." 

Tee is a great example of a person who is putting in the time in the practice pen, but is continuing to seek help in fine tuning his roping. It takes a lot of humility to continue to be a learner even after you have had success. He models humility.  
"In the same way, you who are younger must accept the authority of the elders. And all of you, dress yourselves in humility as you relate to one another, for God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." 1 Peter 5:5 



No comments:

Post a Comment