Social Media Share

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Set Goals and Dream Big - Hunter Washburn


I hope you had a good summer! I had a lot of good runs this year and am looking forward to the last couple months of summer. I went to some pro and amateur rodeos. I'm sitting fifth in the permit standings in the PRCA.  I'm also sitting in the top five in the ACRA rodeos. The goals I've set for myself this year are to make both finals and work on finishing my equine dentistry school. Spending some time setting goals is a great way to motivate yourself. If you fall short, don't give up; try again. Do some things different next time. Learn something every time you nod your head. It's what we have to do to keep moving forward in our goals.


I was told it's okay to dream big if you're willing to put in the work to make the dream come true. I've always wanted to go to the NFR like everyone else, but if I'm going to do that I have to work harder than everyone else. What does it take, you might ask? Well, the truth is I don't know yet, because I haven't been there. What I am doing is working on my finances, I do know that is a big part of it. Along with horse care, vehicle maintenance, my health, and many more things. One day by doing these things I will give myself the best chance to make the NFR, and that's all I can ask for!


Until next time, God bless and have safe travels reaching your goals.



No comments:

Post a Comment