Social Media Share

Thursday, April 16, 2015

God's Blessing in Disguise - Seth Peterson


Last summer I learned an extremely valuable lesson that turned out to benefit me greatly in High School Rodeo. My name is Seth Peterson and am a junior from North Dakota. During last year’s major rodeo run in the summer, we never really had any good weather. It was either raining, cold, or extremely windy. Once in a while we got lucky and it was nice, but then the ground was still muddy from the week prior’s bad weather. At the time it seemed like I was having the worst luck in the world but it turned out that it was another one of God’s blessings in disguise.
            
That fall we left on a Friday to go to the first High School Rodeo of the year and guess what, more crummy weather. The mud in the arena was already four inches deep, at the least, and it was supposed to rain even more the next day during the rodeo. So the next day I get up, start warming the horses up, and all of my friends are complaining about the weather. They said how bad the arena is, and they all just wanted to draw out and go home. But I was so used to this weather that it was just another day for me, that’s when I realized something. During those bad weather days, when everyone else doesn't even want to be there, those are the days that you need to perform your best. Those days are going to be the easiest times to win points because hardly anyone else is going to have a positive attitude and they’re just going out there cause they have to. And the points you win those days could just be the determining factor in whether or not you win the year end title. It’s not easy going out in pouring rain and four inch deep mud, but I promise you at the end of the year, when you have a cushion to fall back on in the year end race and there’s not as much pressure on you, you’re going to be glad you went out and got the job done on that day. 

The first three rodeos we had were all pretty bad weather, but I still went out and got the job done. I went out and made business man runs and ended up winning the first three high school rodeos in the team roping and tie down roping. Those days helped me lead the tie down roping and be sitting second in the team roping, in the year end, going into this spring. Those days also helped me market myself and get my first two sponsors in Diamond Equine and Willard Rope Co. God’s blessings seem to always come even when you think he has passed you by. Thank God for he gives us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
                       
“For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever.” 2 Corinthians 4:17

No comments:

Post a Comment