Social Media Share

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Guest Blogger: Abbea Faris!


Hello everybody! My name is Abbea Faris and I live in Laramie, Wy. I am in my second year of college at Casper College, where I rodeo for them. I grew up riding horses and rodoeing. To me, there is no better life to live! The atmosphere and people that come along with it, I just love! I have three older sisters and three step sibilings. I'm the only one that still rodeos. My senior year of high school is when you could say my rodeo career really took off. I got a new breakaway horse and qualified to nationals in breakaway. Ever since then, we have not slowed down one bit! 

That same summer I started competing is amateur rodeos all over Wy, Co, and Ne. I ended up second for the year end in breakaway for Wy. It was a close race till the end.Finishing up second the next year in 2014 was not an option, I pulled off the win like I told myself and won the year end in breakaway for Wyoming amateur rodeos. 

My goal for 2015 is to qualify for the CNFR and win WRA year end in breakaway again and also claim the same title for Colorado. I spent my Christmas break in Arizona roping and it was a blast! I feel so blessed to be able to do what I love to do. I attended a three head breakaway jackpot the first day there and was lucky enough to win it with a 9.09. While down there, I also placed second at the amateur rodeo in Marana with a 2.6.

I can truly say attending the Sky Ranch Elite Rodeo Clinic in 2013 drastically changed my life for the better in and out of the arena. I came away from it a better roper and 100% a better person. My relationship with the Father had some what slipped, but I can honestly say, it is so much stronger thanks to attending this clinic. I can't thank everyone enough who helped at the clinic in 2013 and 2014 for changing my life. If you get the chance to attend, I highly recommend it!

Live life to the fullest and love every minute of it! God is great and life is a precious gift. Work hard at everything you do. If you want something, work your heart out for it. God has your life planned out for you, so enjoy the ride.



A Few Words from Rope:

One of the most powerful tools for helping you reach your goals is helping others reach theirs. Most people get so focused on the thing right in front of them they can become consumed by the goals they set. While it is important to be focused it is often when we reach out to help others we learn the keys which will help us attain the goals we have set. Abbea understands this and has asked to come back to help at the Elite clinic next December.
"Give, and it will be given to you. You will have more than enough. It can be pushed down and shaken together and it will still run over as it is given to you. The way you give to others is the way you will receive in return."

 Luke 6:38 New Life Version (NLV)


1 comment:

  1. I have done a lot of riding, started as a child but I have never been hunting but always wanted to go across country with a group. Now I am older I think I like your way of riding, take it easy, do what you can and enjoy the atmosphere. Love your blog and pictures.
    Fishing ranches for sale.
    Horse ranches for sale.

    Cattle ranches for sale.

    Colorado ranches for sale.

    ReplyDelete