Social Media Share

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Listening - Abbea Faris





I am so excited for the 2016 season! I’m itching to back out there and start roping again. Last summer and fall were rough. I had no confidence or motivation, so I decided to take a break this winter, and I am feeling better than ever. My goals for this college rodeo season are to make every short go and win the rodeos. After rodeos end in May, I plan on attending the big jackpot in MontanaThroughout the summer I will continue to go to jackpots and rodeos in hopes of winning the year end title for WRA and CPRA.

   Throughout my everyday life I continue to grow in my relationship with Christ, falling a little more in love each day. This year already has been a learning experiencing of how to actually listen to what The Lord is telling me  The past few months, I have been ignoring what the Father was telling me, and when I finally listened, everything got so much better, and I found joy and peace in obedience.

 I plan on continuing to take my grandpa to church every chance I get and continuing going to  Bible Study throughout the week.  This is my last semester of school for now, and  I will graduate with two different Ag degrees. We currently have the availability to practice every day at school, and I have been alternating practicing with two head horses and two calf horses. 

Rodeos start in a couple weeks, but I have still been attending jackpots.  We leave Friday for the Three Star Roping in Amarillo, Texas. I don’t quite know what the future holds, but I can’t wait to see what He has in store as I continue to pursue my goals with His guidance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment